Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hey Festival Goers

Sorry for the long pause between blogs. I promise it won't happen again. At the urging of my good friend Dan Engle I am back at the computer letting you know what I am up to. Last night I went to the Bel Aire Senior Center and did a presentation with Celia Cayless from WFI about volunteering at the Festival and all the history of Windwagon Smith. Later this week I will be at several other community meetings representing the Festival and letting people know how to volunteer and get involved.

Don't forget the deadline for naming the raccoon character deadline is April 5th! You could win $1000 talk about easy money!!! April 5th is also the day buttons go on sale to the public so buy a button or two so you have a spare.

If you missed the St Patrick's Day Parade you missed a really good time. All the Schooner Mates were dressed in green and were doing a fantastic job of greeting the crowd along the parade route. I just know they are going to be a blast to be around during the Festival.

If you belong to a community or civic group and would like for me to come speak please call Kim Wickliff at the Festival office to set up the appointment. Her number is 267-2817.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more updates!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Admiral! Keep the updates coming because we love to hear what you are up to. Admiral "Devin 37" rocks!

    ReplyDelete